Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Bye Bye B-Ham

Hello all, we have quite the busy day, so I'm going to try and write as much as I can in what little time I have.

We received our transfer news that the both of us will be leaving this area.  Obviously Elder Corbett was leaving because he's going home, but we were both shocked to hear that I will be leaving as well.  President Sainsbury told us that he's putting Sisters in this area which will definitely shake things up.  This is the Zone Leader area, and so we have been speculating all day about how the zone is going to shape up with the zone leaders moving areas.  It's going to be weird, and I hope it all works out well.  We won't know until tomorrow.  Either way, I have to get packed and ready to leave when I wasn't planning on it today.  Also, there was some trouble with flights for the new missionaries coming in today.  Because of that, our transfer meeting will be later than usual tomorrow, and that is exactly the time that Elder Corbett was supposed to have his exit interview.  Thus, the interview was moved to today, and our p-day has been cut even shorter.  It's fun.

This week we met with President Denkers, our Branch President.  He, along with the Elder's Quorum President and Relief Society President and others, have been drafting a plan to get those semi-active individuals in our branch returned to full activity in the Church.  He enlisted our help, and we were super excited to get working on it.  However, we have been cut short in our work as we will be leaving.  Hopefully the new Sisters here can get up to speed on stuff quickly.  I'm sure they will.

I'm really going to miss this area.  I'm finally in a point where I am friends with the members, I know everyone's name, and I am comfortable with asking for their help in our missionary efforts.  This is also just a great area because we have the opportunity to be around lots of other missionaries, which I really enjoy.  It is also by far the largest area I have covered (both in geographical area and population).  I'm sad to leave, but I'm excited for the future.  I'll be a little more comfortable with what's coming when I actually find out where I'm going and who my companion is tomorrow.  The day in between transfer news and actual transfers is always the worst haha.

We were less-active hunting the other day, and we stopped by one lady's house that was on our records.  She didn't live there, but we did meet someone who did live there named Kimberly.  It was quite the unique experience meeting her.  We explained that we were looking for a member of our church, and so she asked which church it was.  The conversation went something like this:

Her: "What church are you from?"
Us:  "We're from the Church of Jesus Christ."
Her:  "What's that?"
Us:  "We're Christian, we belong to the Church of Jesus Christ.  Have you ever heard of the Book of Mormon?
Her:   "Uh, no."
Us:   "...."
Her:  "Oh, are you the Latter-day Saints?"
Us:  "Yes! That's us! The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

I almost always leave out "of Latter-day Saints" when first introducing the Church.  It had never been an issue before, but we realized we should have used it in this instance.  Once we finally got that straightened out, she proceeded to tell us that she had recently seen a commercial from our church.  Ever since then, she had just kept thinking to herself, "I think the Latter-day Saints are going to come into my life soon."  Well, lo and behold, there we were!  She was so excited to see us.  We briefly explained our unique message to the world, the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and she gladly took a copy of the Book of Mormon.  She told us she would like to come to church with us.  We noticed that she had a little girl, and so she wouldn't be attending the YSA.  We got her the info of the missionaries in her area, and as soon as we left we called them and told them to go meet her, which they did.  I'm excited to see where the future takes Kimberly in her progress.  It was one of the most incredible initial contacts with someone that I've had in a long time.  She was just so ready to receive us.  It was awesome.  

Alma 13:24 - "For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory." 

Alma 16:16 - " the Lord did pour out his Spirit on all the face of the land to prepare the minds of the children of men, or to prepare their hearts to receive the word which should be taught among them at the time of his coming." 

People are being prepared.  Kimberly was one of many examples I have seen on my mission.

Alright, well we probably need to get zooming.  I love y'all.  Hope you have a great week!  I'll let you know where I'm going and who my companion is as soon as I can.

Love, 
Elder Beach
#RollTide


Our branch at Krispy Kreme.

Trying on some new frames for my new glasses.
Sculpture in our area.



Last time together before some of these missionaries go home.


Transfer day!

No comments:

Post a Comment